Akhil Gogoi Alleges Political Interference in APSC CCE 2024 Result Cancellation

Akhil Gogoi, president of Raijor Dal, has alleged political interference in the abrupt cancellation of the Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) 2024 results, claiming the list “disappeared within 10 minutes” of being published.

“The APSC result that came out yesterday disappeared within 10 minutes. APSC is the most corrupt institution in Assam,” Gogoi said, adding that there is “an uproar across Assam” over the development.

He further alleged that the results were withdrawn because “the candidates who are the Chief Minister of Assam’s choice were not included,” and demanded an investigation into the matter.

The APSC had declared the CCE 2024 results on February 16, recommending 288 candidates for appointment to the Assam Civil Service (ACS), Assam Police Service (APS) and other allied services. However, within hours, the Commission issued a fresh notification cancelling the result with immediate effect.

In an official statement issued by the Principal Controller of Examinations, the Commission said the result uploaded vide letter No. 460PSC/CON/Exam-37/2024-2025 dated February 16, 2026, “stands cancelled with immediate effect”.

“Due to some inadvertent error noticed in the result notified… the Result uploaded for Combined Competitive Examination-2024 is hereby cancelled with immediate effect. After careful examination, the Commission will upload the fresh Select list within a short time,” the notification stated.

The Commission has not clarified the nature of the “inadvertent error” that led to the withdrawal.

Earlier that day, the APSC had described the recruitment cycle as one of the fastest in recent years. The Preliminary Examination was conducted in June 2025, followed by the Main (Written) Examination on October 11, 12 and 13, 2025. Interviews were held between January 20 and February 9.

Official figures released before the cancellation showed that 41,612 candidates appeared in the Preliminary Examination, 3,243 qualified for the Main examination, and 879 were shortlisted for the interview stage.

The sudden withdrawal of the results has created uncertainty among candidates across the state. While the Commission has assured that a revised select list will be uploaded after due examination, opposition leaders are demanding transparency.

Gogoi reiterated that the matter extends beyond a clerical lapse. “There is an uproar across Assam,” he said, asserting that the credibility of the Commission is at stake and calling for an independent probe into the circumstances surrounding the cancellation.

Assam Rising
Author: Assam Rising

Latest stories

You might also like...